The performance by implementing archiving technology and policy, simultaneously copying with the rigors of global compliance issues.
The best practices:
- Set a data retention policy that is tailored to each country
- Integrate data retention policies for each country into one archiving system
- Enforce data retention based on a published central retention document
- Store data in classes appropriate to the age of data and its access requirements
- Identify inactive business transactions in the database
- Separate data into transaction categories, each with their own predefined archiving constraints
- Relocate inactive data to the archive
- Retain application transparency for users regardless of where the data resides
- Get your archiving methodology approved as legal in each country and by each agency concerned. Run the archive DB as a separate instance within one system, if possible, to reduce costs.